I have a very special relationship with Aditya: Rani Mukerji

Monday, October 5, 2009

Advertisement

In an interview to Star Week, Rani Mukerji breaks her silence on many taboo subjects. For the first time, the actress talks about her relationship with Adi, the speculation about her marriage and being Yash Raj Film's fav actress. Read on...

On Adi: I have a very special relationship with Adi. He's a person who I absolutely admire and respect. He always had faith in me since the beginning. He was the one who spotted me in Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat and recommended me to Karan for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. He and Shah Rukh were instrumental in changing Karan's mind about me. Karan didn't think I was hip enough for the role. It's very easy for people to make assumptions, But it doesn't bother me because I am enjoying my work. I'm in a very happy state of mind right now. My film has done well; my family is here; my friends have appreciated my work.

On being an Yash Raj films' fav actress: Coincidentally, all the roles I've done in the recent past have come from the same banner. I would've done those films had anyone else offered them to me too. Of course, I have a comfort factor with Yash Raj. I've done 12 films with them. That comfort factor lies with Dharma Productions (Karan Johar) and Red Chillies (SRK) as well. You often see many actors working with only certain directors.

Actors like Hrithik, Shah Rukh, and Akshay have done a lot of films with people they are close to. But they're never questioned over their decisions. A woman is always scrutinised for her it. But it's okay. I'm not minding the movies I am doing with Yash Raj. It doesn't bother me what people say.

On Marriage: When I have to get married, I am going to tell people about it. It's ridiculous to think that I'm the kind of person who'd want to hide her marriage. I don't come from a family like that. Just because I am an actress, I don't have to hide my marriage.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Recent Masala Posts