My Mom's competing with me: Rakhi Sawant

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Advertisement


Rakhi Sawant's mom is one of the contestants on Bigg Boss Season 3. The only non-celebrity on the show, she was alienated by her fellow contestants. And even though Rakhi Sawant doesn't get along with her mom, she has been sending text messages to friends to save her mom from elimination by voting for her. She caught the first day's episode and her heart went out to her maa. Here, the Sawant girl talks about getting even with the folks mistreating her mom...

Are you on talking terms with your mom?
No, I didn't even know she was doing BB3. I only got to know when the channel aired the first episode. We both live our separate lives. But I'm happy she's getting independent.

Why do you think she agreed to be on the show?
For money. I'm glad she's doing this because now she will value me. She will realise how hard one has to put in to earn money. Also I think she is trying to compete with me, because I've another reality show on a different channel. People will definitely watch Bigg Boss because my mom is on it. The channel will use her to get people to watch the show.

Despite your fallout, you have been sending out SMSes to save her?
Yes, because all said and done, she's my mother at the end of the day. I'm unhappy with the way she's being treated. The contestants have alienated her and are mocking her because of the way she talks. She's just a normal person. It saddens me to see her go through this.

Anyone particular you're upset with?
Yes. I don't like how Tanaaz treats her. It's funny that she claimed she didn't know my mom when she has met her a few times. I didn't treat her mom this way when I met her at their wedding anniversary.

What goes through your mind when you watch her on the show?
I pray she has the strength to pull through it. I wish I had a chance to expose these other contestants. You can't treat elder people like this. She is someone's mother and doesn't live a lavish life like everyone else.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Recent Masala Posts